15 November 2011

Regular Roads

Just in case it's not self explanatory, this map depicts the roads I drive along weekly, and how much I use them. The thicker and lighter the road, the more I use it. If I travel on a road an average of less than one times a week, I have not included it on the map. I also haven't included city roads on the map, as they don't really fit into the space I have available, here. But other than that, this is basically everywhere I go in a week. My life exists (mainly) around these roads. And as I made this image, I was shocked to realize how contained my day-to-day experience of the world actually is.

It seems that my travels hover between work, church and my fiancé's, and all these places are within twenty minutes of my home. It really makes me wonder what my friend's Regular Roads maps would look like. And then wonder about the equivalent maps of other cultures and countries. But these are some wonderings for some other time. A good wondering for now might be trying to work out which roads are which, since I didn't name any of them.

3 comments:

  1. 3 things:
    1. I have located the basketball stadium. Good.
    2. I would like to do my one of these, but I would need more space.
    3. I was going to vote on your pole, but it does not have an "all of the above" option, so I didn't.
    4. This one should not be here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 responses:
    1. Good.
    2. Do it.
    3. Part of the point of it was that you had to make the tough decision from the options available.
    4. Good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have not blogged in a while, this link is here to inspire you into more diagrams.
    http://skullpanda.com/post/16780167769/there-this-is-what-you-what-you-kids-are-into

    ReplyDelete