21 July 2011

Engagement

Last weekend I did possibly the most exciting thing I've ever done to date: Commit myself to one girl for the rest of my life, and then ask her to do the same. As this is some of the biggest news you can impart to others, my fiancée and I found it rather fun and interesting to see how people responded to our special announcement. The following is a graph showing some of these responses, however the data included is derived from memory only so don't base any thesis on this.
Yes, there were people who had a card ready for us upon our engagement—and they didn't even know it was coming. And yes, not one man cried! What is wrong with the world that one of the most important things in our lives doesn't warrant a single man's tears? Maybe I feel a post coming up about what does. Watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. In the literal sense of the word, I can relate to your excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite responses are wanting to see the ring and the congratulations going to me and not you. I love people not acknowledging me but rather more interested in seeing the ring.
    Great graph fiance!

    ReplyDelete